We are finally getting to the end of the burning season in Hertfordshire & Essex. This is a fantastic time of year to get your appliances swept, cleaned and serviced.
- As air temperatures rise your flue can start to work in reverse, filling your house with soot and smells from flue.
- You will be ready for the next burning season & avoid struggling to find a sweep in the autumn to Christmas rush.
- The by-products of burning are corrosive to chimney linings, especially expensive metal liners. Your warranty on liners & stoves requires at least annual sweeping.
- If your system needs any remedial work it can be done whilst the weather is good & your professional sweep has more time to address any issues.
- Your household insurance will be satisfied with a anual sweeping certificate ☆☆some thatched/historical buildings require twice yearly☆☆